Sunday, November 28, 2004

Copied this from a friend's journal.

Once upon a time, C had an amazing group of friends. Maggie was the best friend she ever had in her life, and even though she and C rarely talk to each other, that bond has not been broken. They still consider each other best friends, no matter how many thousands of miles separate them. Anyway, C took for granted that those friends would always be there. Of course, they were not. Sure, a few friends remained. But it was never the same for C. In the last two years of high school, C faced the hardest thing she had ever gone through in her life. It didn't kill her, so she came out stronger, but in the midst of it, she spent so much time searching everywhere for someone she could actually call a friend, calling out at every corner, screaming out, crying, for someone to understand. But there was no one. A few lent an ear, but no one understood. No one.C didn't find many new friends in high school to replace those who had been taken out of her life. At times she thought she had found people she could trust. But no matter how much she wanted to believe these people were her friends, she could see through the plastic layer they covered themselves with. They were mostly nice to me in order to avoid confrontation. So they could be "everybody's friend." If they showed that they disliked someone, then that person might dislike them back, and that would be unacceptable for their reputation. And most of these people weren't even in "the popular crowd" They never let me into the important things in their lives, and I regret the times I let them in mine. I came back, and really was truly happy to see my friends- the real ones- or so I thought. Now one of them hardly made an effort to see me this trip. We had dinner on Wednesday night. That was all I saw her. "Best friends" for 10 years, and I guess the words "Call me after the game so we can hang out. I haven't seen you in 3 months, and if I don't see you after the game, I won't see you for another month" -yeah I guess those mean nothing. "Call us before you call ___" also apparently means nothing. I have tried for a long time. And now I give up. I guess 10 years means nothing. And I'll look back, and this will be another friendship that lasted so long and nobody really knows why because in the end they just... go their separate ways...


Ok- so now you know why I'm depressed and a little disappointed. My friend posted this earlier today and, even though I wasn't a part of any of it, I was really shaken. I can't exactly identify, but this really got to me and I kind of took a look at myself. I'm so thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful for all the fun I had in high school and the great experience I had at KHS. As we get ready for the holiday rush, I thought I'd take a little time to say thank you and I love you. I know that this isn't very personal, but if you're reading this you probably know what I'm talking about.

No comments: