Monday, November 01, 2004

OO OO

Yay for cute kids trick-or- treating! We had the cutest little butterfly come by pretty early, and then we got a little Snow White and a Belle that were awfully sweet. Little kids make me laugh.

Anyway, so yeah, fun weekend. I got to see Melanie and Josie :) Crazy kids. Mel's guy sounds interesting, but I definetely think he should change his name to Alexander Hamilton. It just makes good sense. And if it doesn't work out she can always date Santa.

And now for something completely different... Have you ever freaked yourself out for a really stupid reason? No? And I thought I couldn't possibly feel any dumber. Anyway, I just spent the last five or ten minutes scared out of my mind walking around my house playing "try to find the scary sound without waking anyone up or turning any lights on." It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever done. It all started when the toilet in the upstairs bathroom flushed by itself. Time out- this makes more sense if you know the circumstances. It's three in the morning Halloween night and I can't sleep so I'm listening to the news and surfing the web. My parents are sound asleep downstairs and my cat, who would normally be keeping me company, is sleeping in the laundry room. And now back to our regularly scheduled program. Ok, so it all started when the toilet flushed by itself. I was okay with this til I heard a strange sound in the hallway near the bathroom. This of course completely freaked me out because I'm just dumb like that. At first I decided to just stay where I was, but then I heard a weird sound downstairs and I was like, "well that settles it. I have to go look." Why I decided to go look I don't know, but to sum up, I found myself standing in the middle of the living room staring at nothing. I realize that this is completely anti-climatic, but that's exactly what happened. And the moral of the story is- Houses make sounds. Deal with it or be prepared to feel stupid.

No comments: