Monday, October 25, 2004

Thanks so much to everyone who prayed for me!! I really believe in the power of prayer and I think that God hears everything we say. This experience has really changed me and I don't have enough room to list all the things I've learned. Some people ask me how I keep from becoming angry or depressed. Until now I didn't have anything very inspirational or helpful; I thought it was just my personality and that I was in control. It took almost a year for me to see that I wasn't in control and that God's mercy was what was keeping me sane. I can't remember who it was, but I remember hearing a severly disabled person try to respond to a reporter who asked them if they ever think 'why me?' The person's answer was simply 'why not me?' I thought that was a little strange the first time I heard it, but now I get it. If anyone needed a reality check it was me. The week before my surgery I was frantically filling out college applications to make sure I got them in on time. I remember telling my mom that I couldn't think of anything to put in the sections where they ask about hardships you've overcome and disabilities that have helped make you who you are. How quickly things can change. Anyway I've gone on for much longer than I wanted to. My next appointment is Friday at 10:30. Keep prayin' it keeps workin'.

No comments: